For those that have been following my writings for a while now can attest to my very public and bold prediction of Spider-Man joining the Marvel cinematic universe well before the ‘Sony hacks’ even happened…..I was one of the very first people to even bring up the phrase “Spidey Summit” meetings. It was not a lucky guess, it was not some fan-boy theory…..I had actually done hard fact checking reporting where I laid out the whole master plans Marvel was willing to play ball with Sony Studios over the movie rights to Spider-Man.
From my original report published on another web-site back in October, just about everything has come to fruition just as I had said it would. Only one glaring fault could be found and that was confirmed today by Marvel Studios head honcho Kevin Feige. In my original article I had reported that Marvel studios was looking for a college aged Peter Parker to replace Andrew Garfield for Marvel’s revamped Spider-Man reboot movies under their banner. My initial report which source came mostly from an unnamed inside worker that posted all the info before the Sony hacks on Reddit, had also stated that no origin story would be told. Again this is the ONLY part from that original source that has not come to be true……so far, everything else I reported has.
So with today’s announcement During an Avengers: Age of Ultron press event Marvel President Kevin Feige ansrewed questions about the version of Spider-Man who will be jowning his Marvel family into the Marvel cinematic universe. Peter Parker will indeed don the Spider-Man mask not some NEW ULTIMATE Spider-man. I personally never once believed Miles Morales would be a thought at this time of Marvel movie franchises, Marvel first needs to establish Peter Parker once and for all in their own universe. Kevin Feige also backed up this point in an interview with MTV.
“Miles, I think, is awesome, I think there are opportunities for him for sure if this all works and continues.” – Feige said
Today’s confirmation states Parker will be a young teenage version just starting high-school and will be wearing the ‘classic’ iconic Spider-Man suit that Marvel has ALREADY approved for the film. Here are Kevin’s latest words on the Marvel cinematic version of Spider-Man.
“We’ve already designed the costume, which is different from any of the ones that have come before, and yet ours is classic Spidey, as I think you’ll see.”
“It will not be an origin story,“ Feige stated. “But, with great power comes great responsibility. It is inherent to who his character is. But we want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers.” Feige also added. “In terms of the age of an actor we’ll eventually to cast, I don’t know. In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I’d say 15-16 is right.” – Feige revealed to Crave Online.
“We want to play with Spider-Man in the high school years because frankly there’ve been five Spider-Man films and the amazing thing about it is, even though there’ve been five Spider-Man films, there are so many things from the comics that haven’t been done yet. Not just characters or villains or supporting characters, but sides to his character. The most obvious being the ‘young, doesn’t quite fit in’ kid before his powers, and then the fella that puts on a mask and swings around and fights bad guys and doesn’t shut up, which is something we want to play with and we’re excited about.”
“There is a young kid [already] running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don’t know it yet.“ – Feige added with a chuckle,
What Kevin means by that last remark, I honestly have no clue?!!
Marvel and Sony’s new solo Spider-Man film will arrive July 28, 2017. Spider-Man is rumored to make his first appearance in “Captain America 3: Civil War”!