Here are the new superhero teen twins that will shake up the Avengers world in Age of Ultron! The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver!
About Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the Marvel comics:
The Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff): first appeared in X-Men #4 (March 1964) and was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. She has since starred in two self-titled limited series with husband the Vision and appears as a regular team member in superhero title the Avengers. Within the Marvel Universe, Scarlet Witch is a mutant, born with the ability to alter reality in unspecific ways. She is the twin sister of Quicksilver and the daughter of Magneto as well as the paternal half-sister of Polaris.
Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff): First appears in X-Men #4 (March 1964) and was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. Pietro has super speed mutant powers, is the twin brother of the Scarlet Witch, and the son of Magneto as well as the paternal half-brother of Polaris. Quicksilver, as well as his sister Wanda, began as servants to their father Magneto in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Then both later converted to become heroes with the Avengers.
5 big differences from the comics to the Avenger 2 Movie:
Since Marvel Studios does not own the right to the X-Men, here is what you will NOT find in Avengers 2: Age of Ultron!
– Both twins will never be known as MUTANTS
– The fact that Magneto is the twins’ father
– There will be no mention of The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
– The Quicksilver you know from the movie X-Men DOFP will not have anything to do with this version
– The twins will first work under Ultron……then watch the movie to see what happens.