Have you seen her? The long-anticipated sequel to 2003’s smash hit Finding Nemo, Finding Dory is coming to theaters June 7th. Just released is the new, full-length trailer, following the famous fish with a big heart and a bad memory!
Ellen DeGeneres, who voices Dory, introduced the trailer on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on this morning (3/2/16).
Finding Dory will focus on the amnesiac character Dory, and will explore the idea of her being reunited with her family. The film will take place six months after the events of Finding Nemo and will be set off the coast of California. It has been confirmed that characters from the first film will appear in the sequel, including Dory, Nemo, Marlin and the “Tank Gang”.
Synopsis for Finding Dory:
The friendly-but-forgetful blue tang fish reunites with her loved ones, and everyone learns a few things about the real meaning of family along the way. With help from Nemo and Marlin (Albert Brooks), Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) the forgetful fish embarks on a quest to reunite with her mother (Diane Keaton) and father (Eugene Levy).
Release date: June 17, 2016 (USA)
Director: Andrew Stanton
Film series: Finding Nemo
Production companies: Pixar, Walt Disney Pictures
Story by: Andrew Stanton, Bob Peterson
Cast of Finding Dory include:
- Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, a Pacific regal blue tang.
- Albert Brooks as Marlin, a clownfish who is Nemo’s father.
- Hayden Rolence as Nemo, a young clownfish who is Marlin’s son.
- Diane Keaton as Jenny, Dory’s mother.
- Eugene Levy as Charlie, Dory’s father.
- Ty Burrell as Bailey, a beluga whale.
- Kaitlin Olson as Destiny, Dory’s adopted sister, a whale shark.
- Ed O’Neill as Hank, an ill-tempered octopus.
- Willem Dafoe as Gill, a moorish idol who was one of Nemo’s fellow tank inhabitants in the first film.
- Vicki Lewis as Deb (and her sister, “Flo”, Deb’s reflection), a four-striped damselfish who was one of Nemo’s fellow tank inhabitants in the first film.
- Idris Elba
- Dominic West
- Michael Sheen
- Bob Peterson as Mr. Ray, a manta ray who was Nemo’s school teacher in the first film.