Still just under a year away from its premiere, X-Men: Apocalypse is filming and looking spectacular from early photos from the set. Thanks to Entertainment Weekly, we get some early shots of the actors in character while filming is under way. A younger Storm (portrayed by Alexandra Shipp) is seen sporting her trademark mohawk as found in some earlier issues featuring the weather goddess in the Uncanny X-Men comic books. Newcomer Olivia Munn appears to be pulling off the look of Betsy Braddock/Psylocke. The titular villain, Apocalypse, is also found on-set and looks impressive.
X-Men: Apocalypse is set about 20 years after the events of X-Men: First Class, which is about 10 years after the time-travel back to the 70’s seen in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Director Bryan Singer has called it, “a chaotic world of conflict and war and destruction.” We also have confirmed that Apocalypse will recruit the following X-Men as his Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (War, Pestilence, Famine, Death): Magneto, Psylocke, Storm, and Angel.
The cast of X-Men: Apocalypse will include:
- Jennifer Lawrence … Raven Darkholme / Mystique
- Rose Byrne … Moira MacTaggert
- Sophie Turner … Jean Grey
- Olivia Munn … Betsy Braddock / Psylocke
- Michael Fassbender … Erik Lensherr / Magneto
- Nicholas Hoult … Hank McCoy / Beast
- Hugh Jackman … Logan / Wolverine
- Evan Peters … Peter Maximoff / Quicksilver
- Oscar Isaac … En Sabah Nur / Apocalypse
- James McAvoy … Charles Xavier
- Kodi Smit-McPhee … Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler
- Tye Sheridan … Scott Summers / Cyclops
- Lucas Till … Alex Summers / Havok
- Alexandra Shipp … Ororo Munroe / Storm
- Lana Condor … Jubilation Lee / Jubilee
- Tómas Lemarquis … Caliban
- Ben Hardy … Warren Worthington III / Angel
X-Men: Apocalypse will hit theaters on May 27, 2016 from Fox Studios.
All set images are courtesy of Entertainment Weekly.