Customers using the latest 3.7 update of the Fire tablet, Android and iOS comiXology apps now have robust options for viewing their comics library on the go.
Fans of digital comic books have reason to celebrate. ComiXology has announced an update to their app and the Kindle Fire. The following is a press release from today…
ComiXology, the revolutionary cloud-based digital comics platform, debuted new updates to their Fire tablet, Android and iOS apps today with customizable Smart Lists and enhanced library options making it easier than ever for fans to organize and dive into their library of comic books, graphic novels, and manga.
“When I ask comiXology fans what features they want, better ways to manage their books is at the top of the list,” says comiXology co-founder and CEO David Steinberger. “Our customers buy tons of books and have trouble keeping track of what they have and haven’t read, or even what they just purchased, particularly across devices. Smart Lists bring the most relevant books front and center. I’m betting this becomes the home page for most of our customers.”
Here is a list of new features found in the latest 3.7 Fire, Android and iOS app update:
- Our new Smart Lists view allows for a quick and easy way to track what you’re reading with the In Progress and Unread lists, the ability to see what you’ve bought with the Recently Purchased list, and even a way to easily maintain your Wish List.
- New Recommended for You list gives you personalized recommendations based on books you’ve purchased in the past.
- Long press on any title in the Recommended for You section to Add to Wish List. Android app users can also long press to Add to Cart.
- Use the new All/On Device filter to toggle between seeing all books you own and just the books you’ve downloaded to your device.
- Long press on any of your books in Smart Lists and My Books grid view to mark as read, unread, archive or remove from device.
- New robust sorting options and filters in My Books allow you to view your library sorted by Series, Purchase Date, and Title.
- Toggle between three views in My Books: grid view, list view and the all-new cover view which lets you browse your library one full-screen cover at a time.
- Cover view lets you see your entire collection cover by cover when browsing your library
- Enlarged covers allow you to enjoy the artwork even more.
Smart Lists and enhanced library options are available by downloading the latest 3.7 update of the Fire tablet, Android and iOS comiXology apps and these new features will be making their way to the web this summer.
With over 75,000 comics, graphic novels and manga from more than 75 publishers, comiXology offers the widest selection of digital comics in the world. ComiXology’s immense catalog and cinematic Guided View reading experience make it the best digital platform for comic and graphic novel fans worldwide.
Find your favorite comics and graphic novels at comixology.com and try the comiXology app available on all major mobile platforms.
ComiXology, an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary (NASDAQ:AMZN), has revolutionized the comic book and graphic novel industry by delivering a cloud-based digital comics platform that makes discovering, buying, and reading comics more fun than ever before. ComiXology’s Guided View reading technology transforms the comic book medium into an immersive and cinematic experience, helping comiXology become a top ten grossing iPad app in 2011 and 2012 and the top grossing non-game iPad app in 2012 and 2013. Offering the broadest library of comic book content from over 75 publishers – and independent creators as well – comiXology will not stop until everyone on the face of the planet has become a comic book fan. ComiXology is based in New York City, with operations in Seattle, Los Angeles and Paris.
Special thanks to ComiXology for the information.